Time for 2.5.1

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 3 10:50:59 EDT 2013

On May 3, 2013, at 5:36 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Thursday 02 May 2013 11:41:58 John Ralls wrote:
> > It's a new month and time for a new release of the 2.5 series. I propose to
> > tag on Saturday around noon PDT (1700Z). Is there anything that needs doing
> > to get ready? In particular, is the Win32 build issue fixed?
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Ralls
> >
> The register 2 code has improved a lot since 2.5.0. So I asked Robert Fewel a few minutes ago to make the new register the default when opening an account. That will make it more prominently present for all potential testers. That would be a patch I'd like to see added for 2.5.1 still.

OK ,if he can get it done quickly. Otherwise there's no harm in waiting a month. Actually, less than a month. I'm going on Vacation May 31, so I'm planning to release 2.5.3 the weekend before.

> I'll try to make some time to look at the Win32 build issues later today or tomorrow.

Derek launched a trunk build yesterday and it completed and copied to Code, so maybe it will be OK. Your changes this morning were too late to trip a rebuild, so we'll have to see if it completes on its own tomorrow morning. Derek also set 2.4 back to building only weekly, so it shouldn't block anything until next Thursday. If you can figure out why the scp hangs after completing the transfer by then, that would be great.

Regards,
John Ralls