Time for 2.5.1

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu May 9 15:25:28 EDT 2013

--On May 9, 2013 2:53:50 PM +0100 Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The opening of an account in the sub-account view should be read only
> and I have fixed this locally and will upload the patch along with
> some other changes at the weekend.

I'm not sure I understand.  Do you mean that if you open an account and
all of its sub accounts then you can't edit any of the transactions?
This certainly isn't true in the old register and it doesn't seem to be
true in the new one either.  I just tried an experiment where I opened
sub accounts in the new register, edited a transaction, then closed the
register and reopened it with the old register view.  The change I made
was there.  It would be a step backward if you couldn't edit accounts
in the subaccount view.

Under what circumstances to you show the "Value", "Rate" and "Amount"
fields?  I see that they are there in the subaccount view, but not if a
single account is opened.  I thought part of the plan was to make it
possible to see these fields, at least optionally, in any register.
This would make it easier to enter transactions involving multiple
currencies.

Is there any way to easily resize a column to be just wide enough to
contain the data in it?  In the old register double clicking the header
does this.  I understand that this would be harder to do in the new
version, but is there any other way?

               Mike