Development primer?

Tom Lofts dev at loftx.co.uk
Sun May 12 04:34:53 EDT 2013

> Am Samstag, 11. Mai 2013, 00:24:22 schrieb Allen S. Rout:
>> Additionally, I want to be able to express from my python such desires as:
>>
>> Enumerate for me the active customers (or customer numbers, or...)..
>> Right now I'm checking customers zero to 10,000 for
>>
>> if (customer == None):
>>
>> .. works, but ick.
>>
>> and "What's the largest invoice?", and probably other similar queries.

Hi Allen,

I think it should be possible (or almost possible) to enumerate active
customers already due to some minor changes I submitted to the python
binding for 2.5.1.

There's already example code for retrieving only active invoices in
wxample_scripts/rest-api/gnucash_rest.py in getInvoices
(https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/trunk/src/optional/python-bindings/example_scripts/rest-api/gnucash_rest.py)
- it should be very simple to use the Query() functionality for
customers in the same way as invoices.

I will look at including this in my next release of the REST API example.

Kind regards,

Tom