Another 2.5.1 request - this for reports with charts

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue May 14 10:16:46 EDT 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 07:00:00 John Ralls wrote:

On May 14, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be[1]> wrote:

On Monday 13 May 2013 21:50:04 John Ralls wrote:
> On May 13, 2013, at 9:32 PM, David Carlson <carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net[2]> wrote:
> > I am pretty sure that all the barchart reports are broken in the Windows
> > release 2.5.1.  I am not doing very much testing because 2.5.1 also
> > crashes when editing scheduled transactions, which I do nearly every day
> > in my real data, so I must go back quickly to 2.4.13.  I do not have any
> > problems with memory usage when 2.4.13 is running, so I suspect that
> > 2.5.1 may also have a memory leak.  Granted, I am not properly equipped
> > to test that hypothesis.
> >
> > I chose the thread title specifically to break away from the Time for
> > 2.5.1 thread.  I suppose I should have either called it a 2.5.2 request
> > or Another 2.5.1 bug.  I do think it should be tested in Windows by a
> > developer before releasing 2.5.2.  It is not that hard to open one or
> > two reports in a test file.
> >
> > Actually, I am running Ubuntu 12.04 part time on my laptop.
> > Unfortunately, I am also using some programs that have no Linux
> > counterpart, so I am not considering a total conversion.
>
> Sounds like "Another 2.5.1 bug" or even "More 2.5.1 bugs" would have been
> the best choice, unfortunately.
>
> I'll try to find time to give trunk a spin in Win7 later this week. Aside
> from the GtkTreeView register not that much has changed in Gnucash itself,
> so perhaps we've been a little too aggressive in updating the dependencies
> for the Win32 package.

Actually the chart reports did change as well. They are now based on jqplot (a javascript
libary) instead of gnuplot. So this may have introduced a new issue.

That was three months ago, before 2.5.0.

Regards,
John Ralls

Indeed. But from David's mail I couldn't infer it was a new issue introduced in 2.5.1. I assumed
2.5.1 was the first version of the 2.5 series he experimented with.

So perhaps David can help us out here: did you experience this problem with 2.5.0 as well ?

And what I'm also curious to know: do you have a large data file ? How many years of
accounting data is in there ?

Geert

--------
[1] mailto:janssens-geert at telenet.be