Another 2.5.1 request - this for reports with charts

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 14 15:17:10 EDT 2013

On 5/14/2013 10:09 AM, Johannes Kapune wrote:

> Am 14.05.2013 16:00, schrieb John Ralls:

>>> Actually the chart reports did change as well. They are now based on jqplot (a javascript libary) instead of gnuplot. So this may have introduced a new issue.
>>>

>> That was three months ago, before 2.5.0.
> didn't he compare 2.4.13 and 2.5.1? If yes than first one is before
> 2.5.0 and second after.
>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
> Regards
> Johannes

I did not try reports in release 2.5.0 because it was hard not to crash
it.  Remember, this is in Windows 7 64 bit.

I think 2.4.13 is the version that finally was able to put 2 charts in
one report again, but I only tested the Asset barchart and found it to
be basically working.

I did test the dates list in the asset barchart report on May 1 and
found that there was still an issue that I documented in bug 6994390.  I
believe that was in release 2.4.13 as I downloaded it on April 23.
Obviously there is output to view in that release.

I tested the same report once as a side issue while I was testing
scheduled transactions and found that it produced a blank page, but some
other report did create visible output.  I did not test it sufficiently
to report, but I mentioned somewhere that I would be getting back to it
later.

This thread is reporting on the asset barchart report in Release 2.5.1.
Before I had distractions I had already found that the report produced a
blank page and saving the page as a pdf produced a blank page when I
viewed it with Adobe Reader.  I felt that it was important to point out
that the net worth linechart left open from previous use was also
blank.  While these reports are slow to produce, I did wait for them to
complete, which they did.

Someone asked how large is my test file.  Windows Explorer says that it
is 3,127 kb as a compressed xml file.  It is essentially complete from
October 1, 2007 to present, with lots of detail.  I believe that I am
using the Unity theme.

I have now reloaded 2.5.1 and again the existing net worth linechart is
blank but I can change options if I want to.  I have created a balance
sheet report and it appears to be ok.  A newly created asset piechart
report is blank and the options can be changed.  The asset barchart is
much slower to build, as it is in release 2.4.13 and earlier.  Memory
usage is climbing, currently at 77 % of 6 gig.  Closing Firefox brought
it back down to  56%

The assets over time report is blank.  I have now selected to show the
table.  I keep forgetting to time it but it probably takes about 5
minutes with the default settings.  This is a G630 2.7 Ghz pentium 64
bit  CPU.   OK, the report does show the table, as I thought it might,
but the space above the table is blank.

The Welcome to GnuCash report only shows the Account summary, but none
of the other charts.

David C