Register columns in 2.5.1

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Sat May 18 12:22:06 EDT 2013

I would just like to ask about what columns are available for each register
view.

The General Ledger is the only one where you can hide columns from a list
but there is a visual problem if you have grid lines on, the vertical one
disappears from the right depending on the number of columns hidden. This
is a GtkTreeView bug which I have raised and fixed locally by patching
Gtk+. I suppose it would be possible to incorporate the tree view code so
it can be patched whilst waiting for it to be included but not sure if this
is a good solution.

Individual account views closely match the old register with set columns
but they are missing the rate option, should this be added with a default
width of one character or selectable like the General Ledger.

I have added extra columns to the general ledger whilst testing, should
they be left or removed. At present they are read only and likely to remain
that way for the near future.

Time for a break !!!

Robert.