Navigation 2.5.1

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 20 11:28:36 EDT 2013

Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu> writes:

> I agree completely with this.  I want to ba able to easily enter
> transactions using only the keyboard.  Moving back and forth between
> the mouse and the keyboard really slows things down and is very
> annoying.  For example, I've noticed that after I enter a transaction
> and accept it, the blank transaction is highlighted, but isn't
> editable.  Page up and page down seem to do nothing very interesting
> and I can't find any key stroke that makes the blank transaction
> editable.  I have to use the mouse to make it editable.  I presume
> this is a bug.

+1 from me.  I have a bunch of split transactions (e.g. my salary) with
a dozen splits and every paycheck I autofill from the previous and then
use the arrow keys to go down the list of splits to fix the amounts.  It
would be annoying if I had to 'activate' any cell I entered in order to
make changes.

> I've also noticed that the new register is much slower than the old
> one entering and deleting transactions.  It takes about 8 seconds
> between accepting a transaction and when the the transaction is
> actually entered and GnuCash is ready for something else.  I'm not
> sure what the problem is, but it's annoying.

Could this just be a failure to disable the gui-refresh while
committing the changes?