gnucash-htdocs branch beta updated. svn_last-506-gc2e2a82

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed May 29 11:41:24 EDT 2013

Ok, this mail and an equivalent mail regarding the master branch are the
result of my attempts to undo my first reset-beta-by-merging-with-master
experiment.

I have hard-reset the master and beta branch to the commits right before my
attempt. This gave me all kinds of small issues. Git (right-fully) doesn't
like to lose history. With these changes I effectively lost the merge commit.
That was my intention of course, but it really complicates getting all
dependent repositories in sync again.

You may see some force-update messages when pulling the current master and/or
beta branches from our github repository. In this case these are ok and a
consequence of my experiments.

Lesson learned: Git will not allow you to push changes if your branch head is
older than the remote branch head. We can force this locally when pushing to
gitolite. But gitolite also pushes to github and that push is not forced by
default, so it will fail. That leaves us with gitolite and github being out of
sync, which should not happen. Everything is fixed again.

Reminder to myself:  don't do this again for public branches.

The good news is that in the process I've learned how to properly reset beta
to master (as you can read in another mail message).

Geert