Texinfo files in src/doc

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Nov 2 19:34:11 EDT 2013

I noticed this in the change list while preparing the release:

> commit 96f52a43e641f09a3ec10086dee8c8aab3623cf6
> Author: Frank H. Ellenberger <f.ellenberger at online.de>
> Date:   Mon Oct 28 01:02:53 2013 +0000
>
>     Rename .texinfo files to .texi to get rid of the autogen.sh warning.
>
>     I am wondering if anybody still uses the content of this directory.
>
>     git-svn-id: svn+ssh://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk@23344 57a11ea4-9604

I wonder if anyone *should* still use those. It’s been 6 years since Christian added a warning about them being obsolete, and with one exception 12 years since any of them received substantive editing.

Maybe it’s time to delete them.

Regards,
John Ralls