Number to Words and licencing

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Nov 3 11:01:38 EST 2013

On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:32 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> And that's only three languages that I know. I'm sure many other
> languages have still different ways to form larger numbers. These
> oddities in languages can't be covered in only with gettext as far as I
> know, or you will have to add quite a lot of individual numbers to
> translate.

ICU has that built in and localized:
userguide.icu-project.org/formatparse/numbers
But note:
"ICU provides number spellout rules for several locales, but not for all of the locales that ICU supports, and not all of the predefined rule types. Also, as of release 2.6, some of the provided rules are known to be incomplete."

But I see no reason to add the dependency for something that's already done via gettext.

Regards,
John Ralls