Bug 336843 - Attach files to Transactions

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Nov 15 09:55:53 EST 2013

On Nov 14, 2013, at 9:55 PM, Bob Brush <gnucash at wvit.net> wrote:

> And finally not to throw in the kitchen sink, but it would be cool to
> add metadata to the file also, maybe a visible summary of the
> transaction  (for those outside GnuCash) it is linked to with a gnc link
> (gncthing:thing=eb9a14a0e076e0029bfd2e623b2f2cc8#) to the transaction,
> the Company name, the date of the transaction it was linked to, and/or
> things like that..

That requires a new dependency to edit the image metadata. We have some of that in Gramps, but it's harder to get right than it would seem at first glance. I don't think it's right in Gramps.

> Would it be good to display the file in GnuCash using webkit?

Yes, that would make more sense than launching an external viewer.

> Would it be good to have thumbnails?

Where? I don't think you'd want them on the register. It's already pretty cluttered.

Regards,
John Ralls