[Patch] Bug 712640: gnc-engine.c parallel optimization

Alex Kempster alkempster.cu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:01:55 EST 2013

Hi John,

"unless you're planning to spend your life using C as a glorified assembler"

I consider that to be highly rude, there was no need for that. I have shown
you respect, please show me the same courtesy. C is by no means a glorified
assembler, and you would do well to recognise that everything is built on a
system bellow it. C++ is built on C which, in turn is built on assembler,
therefore, you could argue C++ is just a glorified version of C. I wonder
where you expect gnucash would be without C or assembler...

As to my mailers "weird line spacing", what line spacing would you prefer?

"You've never met a wiki, either? Have you been hiding under a rock for the
last 15 years?"

of course i have used wikis, never added to them, there has never been much
point for a wiki in an embedded world, at least the area i am in. I would
also point out that 15 years ago i was six, i am sure you are aware that
you cannot keep up with and use everything and i have not had the chance to
gain as much experience as you might have, wikis were never something i was
interested in until this point as  there were many more important things to
cover at the time, a problem i am addressing now.

"But you said "I also have a few years experience working on parallelization
of programs using OpenMP."
Shall we charitably call that an exaggeration, then?"

Can i take that to assume you have never exaggerated?

"Look through src/app-utils, src/core-utils"

will do, any particular type of refactoring you are after? I assume two of
the end aims are to make it easier / convert over to C++ and to reduce the
use of static variables?

I will also be taking Geert 's suggestion of looking into unit testing,
would we be best advised to leave each other alone to prevent future
arguments?

Regards,
Alex Kempster

--