String freeze and string corrections

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Thu Nov 21 04:09:24 EST 2013

Hi Geert,

the formal set of rules from 2.4 times are still valid:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/String_Freeze

However, as we've just entered string freeze mode, I think we should
still be open for typo corrections. Translators will have to cope with
approx. 1000 changed or new strings, so still changing a few of them
doesn't really get anyone into trouble. In Aurimas's case, those
corrections concern some strings that are only seldomly visible.
Because of this, I'd suggest to accept his typo corrections right now
so that we don't have to do any bookkeeping on them.

This would be different if we talk about changes that will be visible
for any user right on start up, such as typos in the very main window.
Those should probably be delayed until 2.6.0 is out the door. But for
almost invisible strings, I'd say just do the corrections right now.

Regards,

Christian