Odd message from git post-receive hook

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Nov 26 12:08:02 EST 2013

Introduction: I'm currently the only one receiving mails from our gitolite's post-receive hook for
commits pushed to the gnucash svn repository. But when we drop svn in favour of git,
everybody will be receiving these messages. So any problem I come across in this internal test
is important for our future list messaging.

So I got this weird message sent today after I pushed a backporting commit to the 2.4 branch.

Notice the mail subject: it talks about a patch for libgoffice, which I pushed to trunk earlier
today. However that's not what I pushed to 2.4. You can see that in the actual commit message:
I pushed
[22070] Fix memory leak: Missing regfree() after regcomp().

So how come the mail script whips up the wrong subject ?

Geert