Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Nov 30 11:20:25 EST 2013

On Friday 29 November 2013 17:14:59 Danny Holstein wrote:
> Yup, that works! Thanks.
>
> Just need to add that to the command, and bingo! But is there a
> .gnucashrc file I can add that too? I didn't see it, a .gnucash
> directory, yes.

I'm glad it works. There is however still a problem on your system: if you install in /usr/local, you
should not have needed to set the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment parameter. The free desktop
specification [1] notes in this regard that if XDG_DATA_DIRS is not set, both it should be
assumed to be /usr/local/share:/usr/share.

So either the XDG_DATA_DIRS is set in your environment (I know kde sets it), or your
distribution is doing something weird. At least that's the only two options I can imagine why it
doesn't work.

You asked about a .gnucashrc file ? There is (in your case) /usr/local/etc/gnucash/environment.
You can add a line there, but note that you should use ; (semicolon) as a separator instead of :
(colon) inside that file. And this file will be overwritten by your next make install.

If you had installed in any other directory than /usr or /usr/local, gnucash would have taken care
of setting XDG_DATA_DIRS properly for you. It doesn't for /usr and /usr/local as per the free
desktop specification I mentioned above.

Geert

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html