Tab position preference

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Oct 19 23:31:06 EDT 2013

I just noticed a minor problem with the new settings code.  I had my
tab position preference set to "Right" but after I migrated to the new
preference system the tabs show up on the top of the window until I
open the Preferences dialg.  As soon as I do that they immediately jump
to the right.  This seems to be because initializing the preferences
dialog causes gnc_main_window_update_tab_position to be called when it
binds the radio buttons to the preferences for tab position.  I set a
breakpoint there and this is the first time that this function is
called.

I'm running the X11 version of GnuCash on MacOSX.  Does anyone know
where the preferences are stored in that environment?  I can't find
them and I can't find any recently changed file that might contain
them.  When I try to look at them with the gsettings command, I seem to
get the default values, but GnuCash manages to get the correct current
values.

             Mike