Latest 2.5 build crashes at start

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Oct 22 03:56:52 EDT 2013

On Monday 21 October 2013 10:53:06 Mike Evans wrote:
> The latest devel version crashes at start with:
>
> * 10:32:03  WARN <gnc.scm> *** GnuCash switched to a new preferences
> system *** * 10:32:03  WARN <gnc.scm> Attempt to migrate your
> preferences from the old to the new system * 10:32:03 OTHER
> <GLib-GIO> Settings schema 'org.gnucash.dialogs.import.ofx' is not
> installed Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
>
> On Linux FC18.
>
> My config options are:
>
> OPTIONS="--enable-debug --with-html-engine=webkit --enable-python
> --enable-ofx  --enable-aqbanking"
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Mike E

Mike,

I have run into this a couple of times as well. There seems to be a bug
in the build macro for gsettings.xml files (which comes straight from
glib).

I don't know the exact details, but in some circumstances the schema
files don't get compiled if there are already compiled schemas. So if
you have built gnucash without ofx support before and then reconfigure
to also build ofx support, the ofx schema won't be built.

IIRC this can be worked around by removing the installation directory,
running a make clean in the build directory and then build/install
again.

Note that the same can happen with the optional aqbanking support.

If someone can pinpoint the exact cause and knows a fix that would of
course even be better.

Geert