Register2

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Oct 22 15:49:57 EDT 2013

On Oct 22, 2013, at 12:09 PM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> wrote:

> Just removing the code will almost surely introduce plenty of merging errors
> the next time any of us or you try to merge non-trivial changes from gnucash
> SVN. Basically, if you remove the code, it means you are going to maintain a
> private branch of gnucash SVN, not in any git or svn management, but just by
> keeping the changed files on your local harddisk. Out of the many available
> options of maintaining a separate branch (be it git somewhere or svn somewhere
> or whatever), this one is definitely the worst choice. I'd strongly suggest to
> create a configure switch instead, and keeping almost all code in SVN as well.

Looks like Geert reverted the reversion patch.

I was going to suggest that Robert branch after the reversion patch and immediately
revert it in his branch:
  git revert 22eff28
Then he can rebase from trunk periodically
  git rebase trunk reg-2-branch
to prevent bit-rot on his branch. I do this on my private feature branches, it works
quite well.

Regards,
John Ralls