Python API questions

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 16:58:13 EDT 2013

Greetings,

Got couple of questions about python API. First important question is if
the python API is officially supported API?

I am on Ubuntu 12.04, using version 2.4.10 through standard sources.
Python bindings are also installed from standard Ubuntu repositories.

Have a simple python script adapted from python examples, as follows.
What confuses me is if I uncomment line "#exp.save()", then exported
data is overwritten. Does this mean I don't need to call save on
exported file? If I leave the commented block, account export does work
properly.

from gnucash import Session, Account, Transaction, Split, GncNumeric

session = Session("/tmp/gnucash.xml.gz", is_new=False)
exp  = Session("xml:///tmp/t3.xml" , is_new=True)

exp.export(session, None)

#exp.save()
exp.end()

session.end()