Bug targets

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 2 11:45:49 EDT 2013

BZ has an enormous number of old target versions which makes for very long lists when picking. I just modified all of the already-released versions to sort to the bottom, but would anything bad happen if I just deleted all previous releases? None of them are in use.

Similarly I'd like to clean out the "version" list as well to include only those versions which have bugs on them (which includes every release from 2.2.0 on. I propose to consolidate all of the 2.0 and 2.3 releases into 2.0.x and 2.3.x respectively.

Any objections or concerns?

Incidentally, if there's anyone here who isn't up to coding but would like a way to contribute, one could see if some of these older bugs are reproducible on current versions of Gnucash and either close the bug as resolved-obsolete if one can't or update the version to the one tested if one can. There are automated searches by version on https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash. If one doesn't have privs to close the bug, add a comment so that the next person with privs who looks at it will know to close it.

Regards,
John Ralls