Time64 <> gconf ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 20 10:55:44 EDT 2013

On Sep 20, 2013, at 3:34 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> John,
>
> You have recently done a great job with our time handling code to solve
> the year 38 problem in GnuCash.
>
> I didn't follow it in all detail, but from what I see you have switched to using
> time64 in many locations.
>
> While converting from gconf to gsettings, I have found that there are a few
> preferences that store time as a 32-bit int. I presume that should change
> as well.
>
> I will fix this for our gsetting backend, but I just wanted to make sure I do it
> correctly. If I store the time preferences as gint64 in gsettings will that be
> sufficient ?

Geert,

I guess it depends on what kind of time needs to be stored; it might make more
sense, particularly if you're just interested in a date rather than a date-time,
to store an ISO-8601 string.

If you decide to use a gint64, it's clearer if you call it "time64"; that typedef is in gnc-date.h.

Regards,
John Ralls