r23186 - gnucash/trunk - Bug 654196 - "make check" fails when built with --enable-dbi

Herbert Thoma herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de
Sat Sep 21 15:43:47 EDT 2013

Am 21.09.2013 19:22, schrieb John Ralls:

> On Sep 21, 2013, at 9:36 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
>

>> Yet I do have all three libraries installed. If I remove the test, I can build and run GnuCash just fine using any of the backends. For reference, the so files are here:
>> $ ls /usr/lib64/dbd/
>> libdbdmysql.so    libdbdpgsql.so    libdbdsqlite3.so
>>

> Ah. That's because Fedora has broken dlopen by creating the non-standard /usr/lib64 and not modifying dlopen's search accordingly. See dlopen (3).

I just found out that openSUSE (at least 12.3) has the same broken, non-standard behavior.

> You can either call configure with --with-dbd-dir=/usr/lib64/dbd, add /usr/lib64/dbd to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or add it to /etc/ld.so.conf.d and run ldconfig as root.

OK, adding /usr/lib64/dbd to /etc/ld.so.conf.d and running ldconfig fixed the problem.

> I'll add some detail about that to the "not found" message.

I'd rather prefer that the test would just work, even with the broken, non-standard
dlopen and /usr/lib64, since this seems to be quite common ...

  Herbert.