r23186 - gnucash/trunk - Bug 654196 - "make check" fails when built with --enable-dbi

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Sep 21 18:44:05 EDT 2013

On Sep 21, 2013, at 2:36 PM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> wrote:

> The new test fails for me as well: Kubuntu 11.10, and config.log says:
>
> configure:20323: checking Looking for at least one supported DBD module
> configure:20343: gcc -o conftest -I/home/cs/usr/include   -ldl conftest.c -
> lpthread
>> &5
> /tmp/ccISRVMn.o: In function `main':
> conftest.c:(.text+0xf): undefined reference to `dlopen'

That's the problem, and it's a big one.

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure:20343: $? = 1
> configure: program exited with status 1
> configure: failed program was:
>

> I do have the libraries installed in /usr/lib/dbd/, though:
>
> $ ls  /usr/lib/dbd/
> libdbdmysql.la  libdbdpgsql.la  libdbdsqlite3.la  libdbdsqlite.la
> libdbdmysql.so  libdbdpgsql.so  libdbdsqlite3.so  libdbdsqlite.so

That part doesn't matter until we can sort out why the linker can't find dlopen.
It's supposed to be in libdl.so, which Debian installs in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu.
Can you check that it's there (it might be in /lib instead of /usr/lib)?
Also, please run
  grep lt_cv_dlopen config.log

Regards,
John Ralls