segfaults when running graphical reports

Thomas Klausner tk at giga.or.at
Sun Apr 13 03:35:11 EDT 2014

Hi!

I'm using gnucash-2.6.3 from pkgsrc on NetBSD-6.99.40/amd64.

I see two recent changes compared to 2.4.13, the previous version in
pkgsrc.

The first: If I start gnucash without a terminal or in the background,
it doesn't finish startup. When started in the background, I see (with
zsh):

> gnucash &
[1] 7303

[1]  + suspended (tty output)  gnucash

When I put it in the foreground again, it continues starting
successfully. This seems to happen during the splash screen, the last
thing that's displayed in the progress text at the bottom is
"gnucash/python". Perhaps this is a problem with a python module, but
how do I find out which?

The worse problem I have is when I try to run a graphical report (e.g.
Income & Expense / Expense barchart) I get a segfault:

zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  gnucash

The backtrace is not very helpful, even when compiled with '-g -O0':
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007f7f87800a0c in ?? ()
#1  0x00007f7f857fe088 in ?? ()
#2  0x00007f7ff6a9efc0 in ?? ()
#3  0x00007f7feb1641a8 in ?? ()
#4  0x00007f7ff6a9e1c0 in ?? ()
#5  0x00007f7fee3be8e8 in ?? ()
#6  0x00007f7feecf9c00 in WTF::central_cache () from /usr/pkg/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-1.0.so.0
#7  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

I have webkit-gtk-1.10.2 installed if that matters.

Thanks,
 Thomas