translation context in glade labels (was: Translation problems with planned transactions schedule)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Mon Apr 21 16:37:59 EDT 2014

Am Sonntag, 13. April 2014, 08:07:10 schrieb John Ralls:
> On Apr 13, 2014, at 2:16 AM, Dmitry Pavlov <zeldigas at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've found that to implement minimum solution, we can just add
> > context="..." to glade translated labels. like this
> > <property name="label" translatable="yes" context="Daily">Every</property>
> >
> > This utilizes context lookup feature in gettext, instead of disambiguation
> > prefixes, but it seems working just fine.
> >
> > does anyone mind about such change?
>
> Sounds good, how does it compare with using the plurals function?

Dmitry's proposed change has nothing to do with plural functions. It is all
about making ambiguous translations unambiguous, by using the extra context
information. As such, his proposal is in any case an improvement over the
previous situation. IMHO it can be applied right away.

> Is there a mimimum Gtk version required?

This might be the case, but I don't know enough to tell.

Regards,

Christian