segfaults when running graphical reports

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Apr 25 12:46:46 EDT 2014

geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> > Yet there must be another factor here because I can't reproduce this
> > at all. We may still have to dig a bit deeper to find the real root
> > cause. But I have no idea where to start as it works on my
> > machine...
> These Python bugs might help clarify why it works on some systems and
> blocks on others: http://bugs.python.org/issue14892
> http://bugs.python.org/msg173501
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks for the pointers. So there also the suggested workaround is to
inhibit the SIGTTOU signal. Except the links propose to add it right
before calling import readline in the code. I like that better than
calling it in the gnucash binary.

Should be re-enable the signal after readline is imported ? I'm not too
comfortable with blocking signals for no good reason...

Geert