Gnucash c++

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:05:17 EDT 2014

I've been doing some work on gnucash with relation to c++. I'm "LMAT" on
IRC. I got the project to compile, link, and run as c++ (no .c files I'm
pretty sure). I think it doesn't load any backends, and there are other
problems. I had to solve a problem with the module loading because c++
"mangles" names (if you don't know what this is, it's much better than it
sounds!). I added extern "C" to those entry points so that they could be
found (in their unmangled form). I'm assuming the backend loading is
similar, but having taken a look, I don't think it works in the same way.

https://github.com/limitedAtonement/gnucash/tree/c++-debug is my "debug"
tree. Don't count on it for anything, I may be doing "force-pushing" now
and then. Currently, this is the version that "runs" if you want to take a
look. (I think I'll put a tag here soon.)

https://github.com/limitedAtonement/gnucash/tree/c++-work is where I plan
on putting something that may e.g. actually be pullable into gnucash. For
instance, the first commits I plan to put here are updates to names to
remove c++ keywords, and changing c signatures to be c++ compatible (none
of this   func (one, two) char one; char * two; {} stuff).

And, https://github.com/limitedAtonement/gnucash/tree/guidcpp is the boost
guid branch on which I currently have issued a pull request.

I've been learning a lot about the code base by doing this work, and I'm
sure it would be *much* faster if I knew more about how certain things were
configured. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to take a look
around!

In Christ,
Aaron Laws