Bug 734183

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 10:27:32 EDT 2014

On Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:01:52 +0200
Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 August 2014 16:00:21 Mike Evans wrote:
> >
> > HiGeert.
> >

> > n is set to 25 using gnc_exp_parser_parse (discount, &n, NULL); just
> > after it's set to gnc_numeric_zero ();  Taking the zeroing line out
> > doesn't change the behaviour though.
> >
> Oh right. Probably this isn't working for me because my decimal separator is ",".
>
> Sorry for the false suggestion.
>
> > Where discount is read from the file.  When the invoice is opened
> > after import the 25.00 is shown in the discount column but the price
> > hasn't been discounted, the line total is still at original price.
> >
> > The gncEntryGetDocDiscountValue () function calls the
> > gncEntry::gncEntryRecomputeValues() function which should set he
> > discount to be applied.
>
> Yes, it does. As an aside This is a horribly backward way of doing things and source of various
> bugs. We should definitely fix this at some point.
>
> I fixed the import file for my locale and reran the debugger. The gncEntryRecomputeValues
> function effectively does nothing in this case because the entry has no Invoice tax table set.
> The recalculation only happens when there is either a bill or an invoice tax table.
>
> So that would explain why the discount is not substracted.
>
> Geert

Ah found it by looking in the .gnucash xml file.  The discount is saved as 25/1 and the price as 75/1.  In gncEntryComputeValues() the denom is read from the currency, ie 100 so it divides 25 by the denom and gets the wrong answers which is effectively zero.  Hence no discount.  I need to run gnc_numeric_convert(...) to set the denom correctly.

Thanks Geert, sometimes just asking the questions "out loud" is what's needed. :)

Mike
--
Anti NSA?  Use PGP.
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00CDB13500D7AB53