Bug 533738 - Budget report: Option "Show full account names" not supported

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 11 09:52:34 EDT 2014

On Aug 10, 2014, at 10:13 PM, Dmitry Pavlov <zeldigas at gmail.com> wrote:

> User can select only specific accounts, not at the root of the account
> tree, when building this report. With this use case full account name can
> be helpful, so I'd suggest to fix that isssue instead of removing the
> option from the code (or just hide it, but do not close the bug)

The root of the account tree is never visible and never named anywhere.

If, as Carsten says, the full hierarchy is always displayed with sub-accounts
indented, there's not much point to displaying the full account names for the
sub-accounts.

On the other hand, if Carsten is mistaken and one can select subaccounts and
have them displayed without their parents, ISTM the correct thing to do is to
always display the full account name of each highest-level account on the report.

Regards,
John Ralls