make fails

GnuCash gnucash at wvit.net
Sun Dec 28 00:36:14 EST 2014

Well, I learned a lot more than I ever thought trying to figure this out, but in the end I am embarrassed with the problem..  I was setting the prefix in my configure command, and while I did delete the source and start from scratch--the installation directory had files in it, not sure how as I never got to make install, but either way I was behind the keyboard, and the variety of errors came from head on collisions.  Changing the installation directory brought everything to normal..
Thanks, Bob