XCode project

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Feb 20 15:46:57 EST 2014

--On February 20, 2014 9:46:58 AM +0100 Geert Janssens
<janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> I only wonder if it would make more sense to store this in the
> contrib  directory instead of the root level to prevent the latter
> from  cluttering up with utilities not directly related to building
> gnucash.  My reasoning is that I myself work with eclipse and have
> been  considering sharing my project files as well at some point. If
> others  want to share their project data for yet another ide
> (kdevelop, anjuta,  QtCreator, ...), well the root doesn't seem to be
> the proper place to  put them as they are optional to build gnucash.

It needs to be in the top level directory for it to work since paths
are relative to the project location.  I could change that, but as
things stand now, it either has to be checked in there or moved there
after checkout.  XCode isn't the most flexible program in the world.
If we decide to move it somewhere else (where?) then it would have to
be changed to work there and wouldn't be movable.

               Mike