Building on Windows from scratch - guile problem SOLVED

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 17 10:39:37 EST 2014

On Jan 16, 2014, at 7:53 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Thursday 16 January 2014 07:49:53 John Ralls wrote:
> > On Jan 16, 2014, at 5:23 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> > > 3. Apply your patches and ignore those that are already there is
> > > also correct. Then before committing anything it's worth
> > > considering which changes logically belong together and check these
> > > changes in in separate commits. 'git add -i' will be tremendously
> > > helpful for this part (adding changes into the index
> > > interactively).
> >
> > Pardon me for barging in. I just want to add that a git GUI makes it
> > much less painful to pull diffs apart into commits compared to `git
> > add -i`. TortoiseGit (http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/) works
> > well on M$Windows.
> >
> > Regards,
> > John Ralls
>
> Interesting. I never used a gui for this yet. Which one do you use on your mac ?

I'd been using GitX [1], but it's pretty buggy and crash-prone, so I've lately switched to Atlassian Stash [2], which is free as in beer instead Free, but it hasn't yet crashed on me.
On Linux I use gitx and giggle, both of which are in all of the package managers.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://gitx.org/
[2] https://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/overview