Poll: when to migrate code to the new server?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:02:39 EST 2014

Am 21.01.2014 19:54, schrieb John Ralls:
:
> As far as I’m concerned 2.4.15 was the last release. Feb 1-2 is fine with me for conversion.
>
> I *strongly* encourage anyone still using subversion to clone a git repo now. Come here for help. You don’t need to set up git svn, just get a repo cloned and start playing with making changes, creating private branches, merging with master, using git log, trying out a GUI interface, etc. so that when subversion goes away you’re not locked out while you learn to do all that stuff.
>
> Cloning URLs and basic instructions at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
>
> The most excellent book *Pro Git* is freely available in various electronic versions and translated into many languages (html only) at http://git-scm.com/book; the english man pages are at http://git-scm.com/docs.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Just a note, but there is still a bunch of wiki pages which need
adjustments partial in a newby friendly style:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Concept_Guide (refers also to:)
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.svn