bitcoin address for gnucash donations: 1EEgyjqfBZ2ZgBHviLQuVAAsQfgVS1JUuy

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sat Jan 25 04:24:17 EST 2014

Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014, 09:06:39 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Apparently someone requested that we publish a Bitcoin address for users
> to donate to gnucash via Bitcoin.  Unfortunately the message got lost,
> so I don't know who sent it or exactly what it said.
>
> PS: I've CC'd Liz because she's the only one who saw the original message

In the rest of the discussion it was agreed I should generate a bitcoin
address and take care of the corresponding wallet. Here's the data:

Bitcoin address: 1EEgyjqfBZ2ZgBHviLQuVAAsQfgVS1JUuy
Attached is a QR code image with this address and the description text
"gnucash.org Donation".

To include this information in our web page, we can take examples from here:
* https://crm.fsf.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=14
* http://donate.libreoffice.org/
* Apparently some bitcoin client programs register the URL method "bitcoin",
which, if available, would make the following hyperlink work:
<a ref="bitcoin:1EEgyjqfBZ2ZgBHviLQuVAAsQfgVS1JUuy">Donate...</a> but as we
can't rely on that (see e.g. libreoffice's payment provider), we also have to
show the bitcoin address for copy&paste.

Any volunteer for adding this information to our website? I'm a bit short on
time these days... Thanks!

Regards,

Christian