gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jul 3 17:22:37 EDT 2014

On Thursday 03 July 2014 20:07:46 John Ralls wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2014, at 7:25 PM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> > Same issue but this time it may need some more careful testing.
> > TXN_TYPE_NONE may be used in other locations where '\0' is assumed
> > instead of NULL (guile comes to mind). I don't have time to go
> > deeper into this right now so I'll just revert back to gcc for the
> > time being.
> >
> > John, you don't *have* to fix this while you're on holidays :).
> > There is an easy alternative and you can revisit it later if you
> > like.
> >
> > Oh, just a side question: do we want maint to be buildable with
> > clang as well ? If so we may need to backport (cherry-pick) the
> > current round of fixes.
> Maybe you should just add -Wno-non-literal-null-conversion to CFLAGS.
> Copy the code I wrote yesterday for -Wno-deprecated-register without
> the AC_LANG([C++]) block.

I could do that but prefer not to until we know for sure the warning is irrelevant. I can
imagine clang doesn't throw this warning just for fun. Perhaps what we did was generally
accepted before but is now considered risky ? I don't know. If we can avoid the warnings by
small code modifications I'd prefer that approach.

> I hadn't thought about maint. Up to now everything has been related to
> C++, which doesn't apply to maint. Let's try to remember to look at
> that again in August when we're both back from holiday. I'll need to
> get serious about OSX 10.10 testing then, too, and it has a more
> current version of Clang than I've been using so more of these issues
> might apply there as well.

Ok, I'll mark this as a TODO in my mailbox.

Geert