gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

Sumit Bhardwaj bhardwajs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 20:07:02 EDT 2014

Just a quick update so everyone is on the same page: problem is not with
macro (autogen.sh) or configure. It seems the call for gfec.c mixes CFLAGS
and CXXFLAGS and then cc1plus or cc1 throws error. Diagnosis below.

I did have to make changes in macros/m4_ax_check_compile_flag.m4. I pushed
those changes to my github as well.

Next step will be to see how make is using/setting the flags. I will try to
look at that later. Do let me know if I am going on wrong track. Any help
in expediting appreciated.

Thanks,
Sumit

Here is my attempt at getting to the bottom of the problem:
g++   -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-Wno-non-literal-null-conversion -Wno-unused -g -O2 -Werror
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 helloworld.c
throws error while
gcc   -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
-Wno-non-literal-null-conversion -Wno-unused -g -O2 -Werror
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 helloworld.c
works correctly. Having helloworld.cpp for g++ doesn't change anything.

Moreover, CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS are set correctly.
AM_CFLAGS =  -Werror -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -Wall -Wunused -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations  -Wno-non-literal-null-conversion -Wno-unused
AM_CXXFLAGS =  -Werror  -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-deprecated-register