Announcing GnuCash Android v1.4.0-beta1

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 03:11:23 EDT 2014

Hi Ngewi,

Thanks for your work on bringing this app to Android.

I've been looking for the option to import the transactions from my
existing GnuCash file and cannot seem to find it.  The only option I see is
"Import GnuCash Accounts" under "Account Preferences" - perhaps I'm missing
something here - any pointers ?

I'm using V.1.4.0-beta2 version of the app you posted earlier today on a
variety of android devices - Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android 2.6.35.7,
ASUS Transformer TF101 tablet running Android 4.0.3 and a Samsung Galaxy
Note 3 running Android 4.4.2 and don't seem to have an option to import
transactions anywhere ?

I've been able to import the account tree after a bit of a false start. I
forgot I had to export the account tree in xml format and exported the csv
format file first time around :-(  Importing it on android just gives a
fairly unspecific error message - "an error occurred importing the GnuCash
accounts".   Perhaps you could change the "Import GnuCash Accounts" to
something like "Import GnuCash Accounts (XML only)" or something similar as
a reminder to those of us that are doing this rarely?

Cheers Dave H.