gnucash: New Branch '0Root'

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 9 14:10:06 EDT 2014

On Jun 9, 2014, at 9:23 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Sunday 08 June 2014 15:45:38 John Ralls wrote:
>>        at
>> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/tree/c9dfd35c7882dd4252391c4339be3
>> fd6c28fd421 (tag) tagging  97d79a04686d358cbf56857d0756d8decb9ee136
>> (commit) tagged by  John Ralls
>>        on  Tue Apr 8 09:28:13 2014 -0700
>>

>> unknown user (1):
>>      New repository initialized by cvs2svn.

> John,
>
> Out of curiosity - why did you create a 0Root tag ?
>
> I also note that the mail subject line suggests you created a new branch while you created a
> new tag. Is this a bug in the mail script ?

Geert,

I created the tag to make it easier to bounce around history when I was making the archive branch. I didn’t mean to push it, and I should probably delete it along with all of the branches that I merged into archive, since that was the point of that exercise.

As a guess the mail script can’t tell the difference between a new branch and a new tag. I’ll have a look.

Regards,
John Ralls