An eclectic approach for collaborative GnuCash

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 06:28:48 EDT 2014

Please use Reply To or Reply All when replying to posts on the list,
otherwise your reply only goes to the original sender.  Copying your
message here.

On 23 June 2014 11:05, Emmanuel Florent <emmanuel.florent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well when that'll be done, a problem will remain:
> - setting a SGDB on a LAN,

Yes, you would need to setup a  mysql or postgres server, which is not
a major exercise.

> - setting a up a VPN,

Not necessary, just use an ssh tunnel to securely access the server.

> It can be solved. xTuple for example does that with an installer +
> postgresql on the cloud.
> But it remain impossible to work if you are on a train, on a flight
> for example...

That would work with an ssh tunnel, I believe.

However, once the database work is complete then a further extension
could be to add a REST interface to gnucash so that a web application
could be provided.  That would allow easy web-based access.

Colin