Documentation: report options description place

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Mar 1 15:20:56 EST 2014

On Mar 1, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Dmitry Pavlov <zeldigas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm working on help documentation for budget report as an addition to my
> improvements <https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/2> for it. Currently
> there is no description neither in help nor in tutorial, so I want to add
> it and describe this report specific options -- what do they do and how
> they affect report.
> I found the place to put report description (help_ch_reports.xml), but I
> doubt if it's a good place to put detailed information about options, right
> after the main text. May be there is some better place?
> Current format of options description is a list of "option name --- what
> does this option do” elements

There’s a section called Customizing Reports and Graphs with a bunch of bullet points about the options that apply to most of the reports. Since few of the reports have much descriptive material in the docs, you could describe any special options after the report description and refer the reader to that section for the rest.

> BTW, do you accept document changes as pull requests on github?

Sure, why not?

Regards,
John Ralls