gnucash 2.6.2: Multiple changes pushed

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Mar 7 04:52:21 EST 2014

On Saturday 01 March 2014 21:19:29 John Ralls wrote:
>         at  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/tree/9b299fc822b9db2d51
> e9a0ccc3a3c46e69b3b5b3 (tag)
> tagging  667b581f977c7ac2ab5647f916192c92ba241b31 (commit) tagged
> by  John Ralls
>         on  Sat Mar 1 18:19:08 2014 -0800
>

> Tag GnuCash 2.6.2

John,

I notice that our release tags appear on branched commits. I mean the release that gets tagged
is not part of the master branch. While working in svn this was expected as svn really did
create a separate commit per tag. For git I find this a bit unexpected.

The side effect is that the release tag mails include all commits since the initial commit instead
of only since the previous release.

This is because the mail script looks for a previous tag on the same branch to calculate
changes in this release.

So I just wonder in what way to fix this ? Do we need the tags to be on a separate branch or not
?

Geert