GnuCash Android donations

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:05:13 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
I am currently maintaining the Android app and I get mails from people who
want to support the app through donations.

Until now, I have turned them down, but as a matter of fact, I could use
the donations for things like acquiring icons, or an Android tablet for
testing.

Seeing as this is a GnuCash project, I was wondering if I could instead
redirect these donations to the main GnuCash foundation. I could just then
request whatever I need directly from GnuCash funds (through whoever is in
charge).

This would keep donations centralized and I don't have to deal with any
legal frameworks for donations etc.

So what do you think? Is this a viable option which can be pursued?

Cheers,
Ngewi