gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Mar 31 17:11:59 EDT 2014

On Mar 31, 2014, at 1:51 PM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> in the commit message you wrote "gwenhywfar-4.10.0 breaks the  build", but
> have you actually checked 4.10.0?  I only have a mingw cross-compiler here
> which runs fine with 4.10.0 but IIRC also did 4.11.0 correctly, so I'm not
> sure whether you've observed something that I didn't. Surely 4.9.0 was fine,
> but IMHO 4.10.0 should be, too.
>
> However, the actual change that caused the error (in gwenhyfar/gui_be.h) was
> introduced only between 4.10.0 and 4.11.0, so a pure gwenhywfar-4.10.0
> installation will not run into this issue. However, the scripts might not
> correctly remove an old version, which can cause problems when compiling 4.10
> while 4.11 headers are already in the install prefix. Maybe this caused the
> abort here? Or maybe all is fine now.

Christian, I did try 4.10 and got the same error, or maybe a similar, error. I build using the packaging/win32 scripts, just like the buildbot, except I’m using Win7 HP instead of XP.

As it happened I wound up reverting that partial change because when building the release it failed at AQB for a too-old Gwen.

You can see that the 4.9->4.11 change broke the trunk build from the day after it was committed.

Anyway, the solution is to go re-apply ae26a29 and figure out where that libintl_printf reference is coming from. It’s not actually in the Gwen code, so it must be coming from one of Martin’s macros.

Regards,
John Ralls