libdbi-0.9.0 vs. libdbi-0.8.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 Issue

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri May 2 03:53:13 EDT 2014

On 2 May 2014 07:49, Herbert Mühlburger <mail at muehlburger.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 2014-05-01 22:46, schrieb Colin Law:
>
> [...]
>
> [...]
>
>> That looks ok, though I meant libdbd-sqlite3 since I see that is
>> what you are using, I presume that shows the same thing.  I am
>> using 32 bit. Have you checked with the 2.6.3 tag that it also
>> fails?  I have a 64 bit machine but I am not sure I have not tried
>> it with sqlite.  I will give it a go.

It appears to be an issue with HEAD.  I built that (on 64 bit, but
don't know whether that is significant) and got segmentation error on
startup.  Reverted to tag 2.6.3 and it is ok.  I had some problems
getting it to build after the checkout of 2.6.3, though.  I assumed
that

sudo make uninstall
make clean

git checkout 2.6.3

./configure...
make
sudo make install
would do it, but it failed on the make.  Rather than messing about
trying to analyse it  I removed the src directory, repeated the
checkout and started again with ./autogen.sh

Also oddly I found I needed --disable-error-on-warning to get it to
compile on 2.6.3 which is a bit odd
So if anyone can tell me the proper technique to checkout a different
version and rebuild I would be grateful

Colin