gnucash maint: Add _FORTIFY_SOURCE directive only when compiling with optimization enabled

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri May 2 13:22:38 EDT 2014

On May 2, 2014, at 9:58 AM, Geert Janssens <gjanssens at code.gnucash.org> wrote:
> Updated	 via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/ca480862 (commit)
> 	from  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/08c59b58 (commit)
>

> commit ca48086287045c0af08b0dde62ce121e00a8e0c0
> Author: Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>
> Date:   Fri May 2 15:55:48 2014 +0200
>
>    Add _FORTIFY_SOURCE directive only when compiling with optimization enabled

This change seems to add _FORTIFY_SOURCE for any level of -O, including -O0.  Am I reading it correctly?  Does this work?  If so, that's why I didn't see the problem.  My build script always supplies a -O parameter, either -O0 or -O2 for debug or optimized builds respectively.  The error message seems to imply that you need an optimization level greater than 0 for _FORTIFY_SOURCE.

               Mike