backend encryption / security

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 7 12:28:10 EDT 2014

Michalis,

"Michalis Kamprianis" <michalis at linuxmail.org> writes:

> The thing is, (a) I don't know if you're interested and / or agree in
> implementing something like that, and

The developers are generally agreed that we are NOT interested in this.

>    (b) although I will probably
> manage to code the open and save routines, I'm not sure I will not get
> stuck somewhere, in which case it will either remain as an unfinished
> project, or I will need some help from somebody more experienced.

I think we would help you if you get stuck, but I would recommend
instead that security/encryption should be done by a tool that is
designed to do security/encryption, and GnuCash should remain its own
core competency:  accounting.