Python bindings: patch, documentation, examples

mshapiro marcnshap at gmail.com
Fri May 9 02:47:34 EDT 2014

David Osguthorpe wrote
> I have a very hacky implementation in gnucash to call python from guile
> and
> return results to guile - I found existing libraries to do both
> (no updates to gnucash required - just a user prototype.scm file)

Can you post what libraries you used, where you got them, how to use them
and your prototype.scm file.  Also, any pointers to useful documentation for
using the Python bindings would be greatly appreciated.  I am primarily
interested (at the moment) in accessing budgeting information and future
transactions, as well as accounts, since I would like to do more forecasting
than the standard reports provide.

Marc