Make check files with python bindings.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 17 19:43:23 EDT 2014

On May 17, 2014, at 4:34 AM, Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 2014 13:06 +0200
> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> Do you have the python-test package installed ? Fedora has separated the
>> test support from python-devel. I ran into this a few months back on
>> Fedora 19 (20?) as well.
>>
>> Geert
>>
> Yes I do.
> Package python-test-2.7.3-13.fc18.i686 already installed and latest version
>
> On My system:
>
> rpm -qi --whatprovides /usr/lib/python2.7/test/test_support.py
> Name        : python-libs
> Version     : 2.7.3
> Release     : 13.fc18
>
> So test support is installed it seems.  I can "import test" but there are no modules in test.

Finally checked my F18 VM, which is 64-bit so it’s /usr/lib64/python2.7/test/test_support.py. It’s present and "from test import test_support” works. /usr/lib/python2.7/test also exists, but it’s empty. Check where (if?) test_support.py is installed and that it’s reachable on sys.path.

Regards,
John Ralls