Geting GnuCash to Recognise Localised tax report for UK

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 20 11:28:14 EDT 2014

Clint,

Clint Redwood <clint at screwtape.co.uk> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'd heard that before, and I didn't expect to be
> able to use the export, but the accompanying report with the tax form
> lines accumulating related accounts, rather than having to use a
> spreadsheet each year and remember which accounts added up to what.
>
> There is code in the GnuCash release for a German localisation of the
> report, so I naively assumed I could create a GB localisation
> too. However, it is ignoring my localisation attempt.
>
> I've created -en_GB versions of all the files localised as -de_DE and
> it just loads the us version.
>
> I'd be surprised if a stable release of gnucash ships with code that
> isn't usable so I'm just trying to figure out why my localisation for
> en_GB is ignored.

The tax reports are... special.  You need to not only add the
appropriate localized .scm report, but you also need to modify the C
code and recompile GnuCash to understand the new locale.  In particular
you need to modify src/tax/us/gncmod-tax-us.c as well as adding the
appropriate locale-specific .scm files in src/tax/us/