Meaning of number and boolean in tax code definitions

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Sat May 24 00:35:58 EDT 2014

Clint,

The 'none/not-impl/parent' is used by the report to determine if the item
is reported using the account's description or the parent account's
description (so for example, if the account tree has an account with the
description containing the name of a brokerage, and sub-accounts for
interest and dividends, the name of the brokerage account can be fetched
from the dividend accounts' parent account for the report);
gnc:txf-get-payer-name-source. The same field is used to indicate that a
particular txf code is not implemented in the gnucash txf system.

The numbers correspond to txf formats; gnc:txf-get-format.

The #t/#f tell the report/extract if there can be multiple copies of a
particular form/schedule in a tax filing (for example, in US tax filing,
there can only be one Schedule B but multiple Schedule Cs);
gnc:txf-get-multiple.

Regards,

Alex